Monday, April 22, 2013

Time for a Change

A Great Cloth Diaper Change! On Saturday, Mina and I attended the Great Cloth Diaper Change for Central Maryland. It was an effort to break the world record for most cloth diapers changed at one time and also a way to raise awareness for the benefits of cloth diapering. For me, it was a fun morning spent with other mommas and a great source of freebies and prizes. Sadly, we didn't win anything but I came home with a great grab bag of samples, coupons and even a really nice cloth diaper from Bumkins. It was a fun way to spend a morning.
One of my favorite things about events like this is the reminder that I am not alone. There are other moms out there on this great, scary journey; I am not alone. I am so grateful for all the other blogging moms who I follow online. When Ben is at work and Mina is being fussy for no apparent reason, it's nice to be able to jump on facebook or a mommy message board and know someone else is going through or has gone through the same thing.
As a new mom, I've noticed a lot of people are keen on giving you advice. The funny thing is not a lot of those people are moms. The mothers, the ones who have blazed this trail before or are on the journey  with me, offer support. This is what I need most. Because in a world where just managing to get a seat on the metro is a competition, support can be awfully hard to find, but it makes all the difference.
So thank you Great Cloth Diaper Change and blogging mommies. Thank you all my friends and family. And no thank you to those terrible ads at the bus stop about how cute little Annie brought home artwork and meningitis from preschool today. That is just sad and not at all helpful.

Mina ready to get her diaper changed and be part of a world record

No comments:

Post a Comment