Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No Words

Originally, I envisioned me writing this post while still in recovery at the hospital, so excited to share the good news of Wilhelmina's birth with the world. I was excited and I did want to share, but when I went to post or say anything, it was never quite enough. All the text messages were too boring and straightforward. Status updates and tweets, too commonplace. No picture could quite capture the miracle and blessing that I held in my arms. Nothing was big enough. The same person who was so excited about her bathtub that she told you all about it within an hour of taking a bath, was silent upon the birth of her daughter - the reason for this blog.
I couldn't write because there were no words in the English language to describe the roller coaster of thoughts and feelings I had just been through. Mary Poppins tried to make one up but I was more than supercalifragilisticexpialadocious (I think I spelled that right). I was _____. I do want to tell you all about the exciting day/day before Mina's birth. I know I will want a record of it for myself in the future. I will try to get to that in the next week but I'm pretty sure I have a poopy diaper to change. So for now, I will just say I am completely overwhelmed in the best possible way. Our daughter is a tiny miracle and we couldn't be happier. Well... I might be happier if every piece of fabric in the house didn't end up as a burp cloth, but more on that later. It's changing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment