Saturday, June 1, 2013

When the World Stopped Turning

Less than a month ago, I posted something about how I couldn't believe Mina was already three months old and how she was growing up so fast. Well, time played a cruel trick on me. She should have reached 4 months about a year ago. Technically, this month has actually been longer than two of her previous months (30 days past September.... I can never remember the rest but think April has 30 and February has 28). We are still 8 days away from the 4 month mark and I am going a little crazy. Maybe this is the universe telling me it is time to go back to work.
I'm guessing part of the reason this month has gone on for so long is Mina's decision not to take naps. I wish she would talk to her mom before making these big life changes, but we're working on that. Anyway, it seems (fingers crossed) the naps are back! The downside is that she only naps in her crib which is upstairs and it is a sauna up there during the day since we don't have ac. I feel a little bad for her but she is sleeping happily which is better than downstairs, unhappy and not sleeping.
Today I have no great pieces of advice to offer, no newfound wisdom, not even any cute pictures of Mina. I am just tired and so relieved Mina is sleeping. Once I get caught up on dishes, laundry and yardwork (if it ever cools down), I might be able to do some fun projects again... or maybe I will just find myself a good book. If I'm really ambitious I might even finish Zelda: Skyward Sword on the Wii but that is a massive undertaking (me + video games = comically inept). For now, you can find me sitting in front of the fan debating whether to tackle dishes or laundry first... it's a big decision and the fan feels so nice. Though getting stuff done might actually help this month go by faster so... dishes here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment