Monday, January 21, 2013

Loved

Yesterday, I had the last of three lovely showers before our daughter arrives. I honestly don't know what we would have done without all the wonderful gifts that were given to us. Our daughter has not only what she needs for the next year of life but perhaps the cutest wardrobe I have ever seen and some great nursery decor to boot. I cannot thank everyone enough for everything. We could never have afforded all that on our own.
Perhaps even more than the physical items, the true gift of these showers has been the reminder of all the people who care about our daughter's health, happiness, and well-being almost as much as we do (special thanks to Teresa yesterday for pointing out that God cares even more). From the cute thumbprint "who loves you" tree picture to the notecards of advice and encouragement, down to every hat and sock that someone picked out especially for our baby, I will be constantly reminded of the community of love and support that I have. That reminder takes a lot of stress off of this soon-to-be parent.
So to all of you who have come to a shower, given a gift, or read this blog "THANK YOU!" You let me know that I can do this because I'm not doing it alone. When I am freaking out because I am running out of clean diapers, have no food in the house, and am trying to calm a screaming baby, I will do my best to remember there are so many people I can talk to or get help from. Taking a few hours off from "mom-duty" does not mean failure. It means I'm blessed enough to have others to help and a whole world outside of baby.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be an awesome Mom! And I can't think of any of us who get through this roller coaster ride of parenting without a lot of friends. And tears. And laughter. And prayers! Loved because we're all loved...

    ReplyDelete