Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Work and Play

A new post is long overdue. As I sit here writing, Mina and Ben are both upstairs asleep and it feels like I'v been transported back to a year ago when this was the normal day, when I craved these special moments to myself. Now, I can't wait for the rest of the family to get up so we can spend time together. With Ben and I working opposite schedules, this isn't something that happens often.
Earlier this week, I thought about whether I would like to go back to taking care of Wilhelmina full-time. That isn't an option for us right now but I wonder if it were, would I take it. If we could afford for me to stay home, we could also afford a daycare closer to our works so I wouldn't have to be in such a panicked rush to pick Mina up on-time each day. I do not know which one I would choose. I love spending time with my sweet baby girl but watching an active one-year-old all day is exhausting. And I really do love my job even if I don't always enjoy the day-to-day and getting up at 5 am. I want to be a great mom, but I would also like to keep making delicious pastries. I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive. I just need to make days like today, when we are all together as a family, really count. Last week we went to the zoo which Mina loved. Maybe today we will go down to the cherry blossoms. So in the interest of making today count, I am going to get my family up and we are going to do something fun. Hopefully it won't be as long before the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment